If you don’t understand yourself, you don’t understand nobody
After each training I am doing like reflection. A lot of questions I had in my head? A lot of answers as well… But in general like conclusion from the last one: Do we really know ourselves? Is the educational system really damaging us and our learners? Do we realize that everything is in our hands and in order to motivate the others first we have to know and realize our own self motivation? …and so on … a lot of question.
It is nothing new ! In general when participants are entering the training room they are there because of their general self motivation. But the expectation for red and blue pill nothing gonna change. Experiential learning is a changing process if you are willing to change. It is your own wish to learn and to develop.
When I am talking about self understanding I mean to experiment with your own behavior in order to see your self in different situation – to examine first your own emotion, action and reaction. To jump out from comfort zone. On theory it is easy to say but to put in on practice is not…and it is absolutely normal. To know your strenght and your weekness will help in general in everyday life.
Consider how hard is to change yourself and you will understand what little chance you have in trying to change the others
But what I found out in this particular group was amazing. These participants they weren’t just a teachers they were life-long learners! The age of the group was 27 – 60 +. Was it easy for me? of course not? It’s never easy but it is always rewarding, part of my job as an Johari Window blind zone at the beginning but then open area …
What does it mean to be a life – long learner? Life – long learners are curious, have a pssion for learning with drive that comes from within, and are open to whatever learning experience comes along. Life-long learners are willing to go outside their confort zone for new experiences, pose questions about “why”things are, and have the tools and skills needed to answer those questions. Life-long learners have high expectations for themselves, their peers, and are willing to listen to the ideas and experiences of others. They are open-minded, have inner strenght, are interested, and capable of learning, in multiple settings and conditions. Life-long learners have their own world view which is constantly being redefined by learning new things and learning from mistakes as well as accomplishments.
From 16 to 20 May 2016 I was trainer in Prague. I worked with teachers and educators from 5 countries – Turkey, Romania, Wels, Portugal, Italy, Litva.Thanks to Dorea Educational Institute.
The topic was :” Understand your self, understand your learnners (Enneagram). 4 days we were working on the hardest part to understand ourselves in order to understand our learners. We were learning about 9 personality types according Enneagram tool. We were sharing experience and practicess. We were surching for the right key to motivate our learners. To include families and communities in school life in order the school to be one idea better place for the 21 century students.
…here are some ideas :
1. In order for a student to develop a safe learning enviroment is required in which critical thinking and learning are valued, not pushed or rediculed, in which elders and peers are supportive;
2. Both teaching and learning with the students in supportive enviroment as well as academic achievment;
3. in learning process parents are need.
4.Connection ti culture and real life issues.
Influence and motivation
1. The influence of teachers. – teachers who motivate and encourage students, and help guide students in the right direction. Teachers belive they motivate and inspire students by demonstrating sincerity and caring, having a connection with their students and understanding their self-interest, having high expectations, and having friendly attitude.
2. Peer- to – peer influence – students do better when they have friend pushing them to do better. Schools need to create structure ways for students to be able to positively influence their peers.
3. Parents. – Parents are needed to participate in schools life, not just by checking homework but as a support. By encouraging their children and respect the teachers and schools as an institution. The gap is in between parents- teachers – and students connection.
If you give a student the opportunity to learn, with the right tools and caring teachers with relevant teaching techniques – the results are success
…of course this course is just a step, a drop in the ocean but it was very rewareding for me to work with and for such an interesting group…